Friday, October 19, 2007

Sharing: Bush Style

Democrats fail to beat Bush veto

I guess they can only do what they can do. Highlight government priorities:
  • $190 bn for Iraq - yes
  • $35 bn tobacco tax for child care - no
I recall hearing the following on a radio show some years ago. I found a reference on the web, but I don't think it is the original. Still, I think it fits:
Lets share the food my brother,
Lets share the fruits of the Earth,
Steak for me and rice for you,
eggs for tea and rice for you,
Fruit and wine, Milk and jam,
cheese and pickles, milk and ham, for me,
And a little rice, just a little rice,
if you’re lucky, for you.


(Update: make that $196.4bn for Iraq, and *damn* lucky if you get any rice, punk!)

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Bla said...

Damn that veto!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home